Tips To Get 95+ Marks In CBSE Class 12 Chemistry.
Chemistry for class 12 is a feared subject that requires a lot of memory power and theoretical “mugging up” in order to score marks in the CBSE exams. In order to get 95+ in Chemistry, you must clear your basics first and then master the chapters and concepts that are important for the board exams.
Exam scheme is (30 in practical and 70 in theoretical).
Those 30 marks do matter and can change your exam percentage !
Practical 30 Marks
So you need to ace the practical exam. Be thoroughly prepared with the viva and expect questions from salt analysis, titration, laboratory equipments apart from your regular syllabus. If everything goes well, you will score 30/30 in practicals easily.
Theory 30 Marks
You have to understand that the syllabus is quite vast and the paper checkers want the answer to be in a specific infographic format. So even if your answer is correct, but not written in the typical board exam style, you may lose some marks.[How do you feel when you lose out on out marks in an exam by one mark?]
I will try to put together all of it in the following section :
#Physical Chemistry 23 Marks 33%
#Inorganic Chemistry 19 Marks 27%
#Organic Chemistry and other 28 Marks 40%
Some important topics taught in Chemistry in class 12 are:
- p-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Solid States
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
Marks wise important topics
- P-block elements – 8 marks
- Aldehydes, Ketons and Carboxylic Acids – 6 marks
- Solutions, Electrochemistry and Chemical Kinetics each for 5 marks
- D and F block elements for 5 marks, while the chapter Haloalkanes and Haloarenes is worth 4 marks.
Tips for Preparation/ Study Planning
 How do you prepare for physical chemistry for class 12
- Do not ignore numerical problems. Most of the times, the problems are direct application of the formula in use.The numerical problems are a good way to score high in physical.
- Focus on understanding, not memorization and use study partners for homework & tests
- The only way to get a good sense over this would be to practise more and more problems.
 How do you prepare for inorganic chemistry for class 12
- p block, d and f- block the important ones are example and intext questions. Don’t try to mug up all the equations; try to learn the basic logic behind the reactions, as most of the questions from inorganic are conceptual and can trouble you if your concepts are not clear at all.
 How do you prepare for organic chemistry for class 12
- If you feel you are not good at organic, start reading and practicing your NCERT book as soon as possible.
- Do not try to rush and finish the organic chapters. Organic chemistry is pure concept so better mug up revise important concepts and do practicing with pen and paper(Recall in memory), theory and reactions is different from a novel or a comic.
- Prepare short notes all NAME REACTIONS with the general equation and examples of previous year questions. After you finish summarisation revise as many times as possible.
- You should make flow charts of chemical preparation and properties.
- Do chemical conversions from CBSE previous board papers. Practice conversions as they definitely come in exams and practice conversions as they definitely come in exams and
- Chemical Test
- Flow chat reaction from carbon and organo nitrogen compounds[ 3 Mark question].
 How do you prepare last three chapter for class 12
Tips and checklist for Exam day to scoring good marks
- Be relaxed and confident in the examination hall.
- Be punctual and entry in the examination hall before 15 minutes last time is 10:00 AM and no student will be permitted post the entry time.
- Take good name.
- The question paper will be distributed at 10:15 AM and you would be given exactly 15 mins to read the question paper.
- Seal of the answer sheet will be removed at 10.30 AM and you will have precisely 3 hrs. to finish your paper so manage your time effectively. Do not make any special character or structure in exam paper and dot’t use of red, green, and any other coloured pen.
- During the exam, try to write your answers in points and give pictorial or graphical (infographic) illustrations wherever possible. It enhances visibility and copy checking ability of external examiner.
- Finish all of question before 15 minutes, so that you have time to briefly recheck of your answer and also the question, make sure you answer every question in a clear handwriting(it will help you in avoiding any silly mistake).
- For long answer type questions (2 or 3 marks) , before starting, frame a proper skeleton of the answer.
- Do remember the formula and units of all entities.
- Be confident and to the point in very short questions.
I think you’ve already done enough to score 90+. After this, your board paper plays a key role in your score so better go through 10 previous years previous question paper. Keep the concept, and reactions clear in your head. Be confident of what you’ve studied and practiced. All the best!
Do well. 🙂
Incoming Searches related to this article
How To Study For Chemistry For Class 12?
How to Study Organic Chemistry – Study and Exam Tips
Tips To Get 90+ Marks In CBSE Class 12 Chemistry
We hope this detailed article How do I score 95 or more in the CBSE Class XII chemistry? If you have any query related to how to get above 95 marks in Chemistry, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will get back to you.
Stay tuned to Advanced Chemistry for more updates.